Deborah Brecher is a Managing Director at Accenture where she provides consulting expertise on enterprise – wide human capital and organization effectiveness issues and co-leads the company’s Talent Strategy and Leadership Effectiveness Practices.
Deborah has over 20 years of consulting experience and has worked extensively with CEOs and senior executives at global companies undergoing complex business transformation and change. Her experience includes diagnosing organizational performance issues; designing, implementing and sustaining large-scale journey management, human capital strategy and talent management solutions; and leadership development and coaching. Deborah has worked in numerous industries including Life Sciences/Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Goods, Insurance, Transportation /Manufacturing, Financial Services and Media/Communications.
Deborah’s project experience includes:
- Leading the interdisciplinary team that designed all aspects of a two-year airline transformation process to prepare the business for merger, including: on-boarding the new COO; selection and development of the leadership team; organizational redesign; talent assessment; development of 4000 leaders; cultural redesign; and on-going support of the change journey.
- Leading the transformation of the R&D function for a large Asian pharmaceutical company, including organization redesign; senior leadership team and leadership talent development; and design and implementation of a culture change process.
- Leading an interdisciplinary team in the operational governance design for a new group within a large global pharmaceutical company, and supporting the executive team launch.
- Leading the interdisciplinary team that redesigned the manufacturing organization for a widely recognized motor cycle company, including organizational redesign; installation of LEAN Six Sigma practices; and training and development of all levels of leadership.
- Serving as interim SVP of HR for a key Fortune 200 company, responsible for designing the talent strategy and supporting processes including leadership competency development; talent and succession planning; MBA recruiting; and talent on-boarding.
- Designing the enterprise talent strategy for a large cable/media company with an emphasis on senior technology and leadership roles.
Prior to joining Accenture, Deborah was a Senior Partner for Oliver Wyman Delta, where she co-led the North America market and led numerous global account teams.
Deborah holds a BS in History from West Chester University and a MA in Psychology from the University of Santa Monica. She currently resides in Philadelphia, PA.