Mario Alberto Fócil Ortega
BA in Political Science and Public Administration, Master in Economics and Government, PhD Candidate in Public Administration, with an Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership from the Sloan School of Management del Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
30 years’ experience in Senior Management related to resources administration, design and implementation of policies for open contracting and transparency in governmental procurement, talent, budget and ICT management, in the federal public sector. Since February of 2020, he was appointed as Operative Secretary of Administration in the Tribunal Federal de Justicia Administrativa (Federal Court for Administrative Justice).
As Head of the Administration Unit of the Federal Institute of Telecommunications (IFT), he was responsible, among others, for the design and implementation of better practices for diversity and inclusion; accessibility measures, both physical and digital, such as a new web page which complies with the Web Accesibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA. In his tenure, the IFT became:
- 1st public institution certified in me Mexican Stander for Laboral Equality and No Discrimination (99 of 100 possible points). Awarded with Bronze
- 1 of only 3 public institution with the “Equity MX-Best places to work LGBT” certification, by the Human Rights Campaign
- The sole public organization in “Foro INcluye”, think tank for new and better practices in D&I in Mexico, among other 33 members such as Walmart, BBVA, Bimbo and Aeromexico, with a 463k+
In his career, he has been:
- Member of the Executive Committee of “Women on Boards México”, which seeks to increase the participation of women in Board of
- In 2019, he was considered in the first edition of the “41 + 1 LGBT Executives of Mexico”, by Expansión Magazine, ADIL and Love4All.
- Member of the Mexican delegations and speaker at various events organized by the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum (APEC) on gender equality and inclusion (Chile and Vietnam, 2019) and within the framework of the Political Association on Women and the Economy (Australia and Papua New Guinea, 2018).
- Speaker, among others, on issues of female participation in Autonomous Constitutional Bodies at UNAM (2017); as well as the incorporation of the inclusion approach in public budgets and regulations for CONAPRED (2015).
- Jury of the “Proequidad 2016” Program of INMUJERES in 2016, Mexican agency for the advance of gender
- Professor at Ibero, ITAM, IPN, UNAM, INAP and Universidad de Castilla La Mancha (Spain).
- Author on specialized magazines in public administration such as the “Professional Career Service” and “Good Government”.