Wisdom Nuggets from Past Event
Creative Conversations: Developing Coaching Skills in Your Current Role
Oct 25, 2017
The goals of this webinar are to:
1. Understand the definition of business coaching and the power of collaborative questions
2. Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching
3. Understand the three levels of listening
4. Understand the G.R.O.W. model method of coaching
View Presentation Material:
Developing Effective Presentation Skills -
presented by Wendy Liu & Bryan Mark
June 15, 2017
Top 3 Key "Takeaways"
1. Maintain Eye Contact
2. Story-telling is a way to deliver a speech
3. No one else will notice your mistakes
May 18, 2017 - Listen to the recording here
1. H.U.T. (Hear, Understand, and Taken Seriously)
2. How to handle the Amygdala Hijack
The B.O.L.D Factor - Visionary Leadership Breakfast
April 6, 2017
1. BOLD vs. Aggressive
Jil Jordan Greene - Fumble Forward and Forgive
Dawn Rosemond - Reign: Own Who You Are
Colonel Jill Morgenthaler - Toot Your Horn Tuesday
Managing the Brand called You by Tami Palmer
February 15, 2017 - Listen to the recording here
Understand your personal brand - your "secret sauce", what makes you different from others
"Your smile is your logo; your personality is your business card; how you leave others feeling is your trademark" (Jay Danzie)
Social media plays a key role in your brand management
The Confidence Effect by Grace Killelea
September 15, 2016
- Confidence is not always about being perfect, but sometimes “stapling it together” and taking a step, even if you do not have the full plan.
- Confidence is not an emotion or feeling but is taking action; it’s about “putting on the shoes” and showing up with energy, even if you are feeling scared.
- Confidence is like a muscle; the more you use it, the better you do and the more confident you become.
Powerful Presentation Skills
August 11, 2016
- Preparation is the key to success.
- Know your audience.
- Vocal presence is second to visual presence.
- Use your voice as you do your clothes and dress appropriately.
Tech It Out
July 14, 2016
- Team work is crucial when deploying a project the size of Gigabit speeds. Each team has an important role that directly impacts the others.
- Technology is advancing at greater speeds than ever. It takes teamwork within and across organizations to make it happen. Talent from all disciplines are needed to work together to deliver customer satisfaction on all levers.
- Always keep the "end customer" in mind.
May 12, 2016
- Clutter can weigh on you like a burden and affect your life negatively - a small area of clutter can be just as heavy to someone as a hoarder's house full of 3 floors of junk.
- Take note of how your stuff makes you feel, and be kind to yourself - if an item is hurting you, get rid of it!
- If you are hanging on to something because you are worried that someone else will be mad at you for getting rid of it - this is bullying behavior and you don't need to tolerate it. Get rid of it!
Visionary Leadership Breakfast
April 22, 2016
- Find the things you have a passion for and where you can make a difference.
- Some of the best creative thinking is done by people new to a position because they are able to ask why.
- Even if you are happy, look for holes in business and what you can do to fill those holes.
- Recommended Reading: Rook Smarts by Liz Wiseman and Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg.
Speak to be Heard! Influencing Others to Take Action Webinar
March 24, 2016
- When your message, actions and presence are consistent, your influence grows. Consistency means that no matter whom you communicate with, what medium you communicate through or when you interact with someone, you are always seen as confident, credible and trustworthy.
- Open yourself to the unexpected. Be flexible and unflappable no matter what gets thrown your way.
- Create a memory that lasts. Make a difference and consistently deliver on your promises.
- Practice your facial expressions in front of a mirror.
- Watch your body language. Standing with your arms on your sides exudes confidence, and makes you more approachable.
The Magic of Teamwork by: Debra Stern
Jauary 21, 2016
- Having an effective team requires good communication skills and knowing how to get through to one another.
- Sometimes you need to stand back when working on a team so each member can contribute.
- Simple recognition is a lot more important than many leaders realize.
Hear wisdom nuggets first hand and register for the next WICT event!