Welcome to the WICT Midwest Mentoring Program!
The WICT Midwest Chapter Mentoring Oversight Committee invites you to participate in this exciting program, as either a Mentor or Mentee.
Applications for both Mentors and Mentees will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates will be paired as soon as appropriate matches can be made.
About the Program
The WICT Midwest Mentoring Program is designed to provide career and personal development opportunities. While the program is a one-on-one pairing model, other models such as several mentees to a mentor, or several mentors to a mentee, may be utilized.
This program is in place to support both mentees and mentors in achieving goals. Participation in the program is not an assurance of promotional opportunities. However, it provides an excellent framework for career development.
The program is designed with these goals in mind:
1. To provide the opportunity to develop a mentoring relationship that will inspire personal and professional success
2. To provide mentees the opportunity to gain broader perspectives about their field of choice, values, norms, expectations, and behaviors, and how gaining these perspectives can enhance their ability to make productive career decisions
3. To identify and provide qualified candidates for promotional, growth, and development opportunities
4. Increase morale and job satisfaction
5. Aid in retention and recruitment of employees
Read the full WICT Midwest Mentoring Program overview here.
Learn more about being a Mentor. Learn more about being a Mentee.
Questions? If after reviewing the links above you still have questions about the program, please contact Julie Potthast.