Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) announced the members of the 2009 WICT Board of Directors. Ellen East, Time Warner Cable, to chair the board through 2010.
Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of the 2009 WICT Board of Directors. Ellen East, Executive Vice President /Chief Communications Officer, Time Warner Cable will succeed Jennifer Dangar SVP, Domestic Distribution, Discovery Networks as Chair of the WICT Board of Directors. Dangar will remain a member of the executive committee in her role as Immediate Past Chair. The 2009 WICT Board of Directors is comprised of individuals from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and represent all facets of the industry. A full listing of the board appears below.
“We are honored to welcome the distinguished 2009 WICT Board of Directors,” said Benita Fitzgerald Mosley, WICT President and CEO. “The tremendous experience and insight they offer from their respective fields will be invaluable to the more than 7,800 members of WICT. Their vision and leadership will help guide our organization to a new level in 2009 as we commemorate WICT’s 30th Anniversary and strive toward its promising future.”
“I’m delighted with the caliber and commitment of this year’s board of directors, which is a testament to the value WICT brings to the industry,” said Ellen East, Chair. “I am really pleased to chair WICT this year, as we celebrate 30 years of helping women in cable reach their maximum potential.”
2009 WICT Board of Directors
- Chair - Ellen East, Executive Vice President/Chief Communications Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Immediate Past Chair- Jennifer Dangar, Senior Vice President, Domestic Distribution, Discovery Networks
- Treasurer/Chair, Finance Committee - Sherita Ceasar, Vice President, Product Engineering, Comcast
- Chair, Governance Committee - Landel Hobbs, Chief Operating Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Chair, Development Committee - Kathy Payne, Vice President, Programming, Cox Communications
- Chair, Strategic Planning Committee - Shirley Powell, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Benita Fitzgerald Mosley, President & CEO, Women in Cable Telecommunications
Directors At Large
- Sean Bratches, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing, ESPN, Inc.
- Lisa Chang, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, The Weather Channel
- Sandra Colony, Senior Vice President, Communications, Insight Communications
- Lynne Costantini, Executive Vice President, Affiliate Sales & Marketing, Scripps Networks
- Denise Denson, Executive Vice President, Content Distribution and Marketing, MTV Networks
- Nancy Dubuc, Executive Vice President & General Manager, History
- Dwight Duke, Senior Vice President, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Marva Johnson, Vice President, Bright House Networks
- Cathy Kilstrom, Senior Vice President, Customer Care, Comcast - West Division
- Pamela Mackenzie, Area Vice President, Western New England, Comcast
- Nathalie Malaty, Finance Manager, Cox Communications
- Kim Martin, President & General Manager, WE tv
- Mary Meduski, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Suddenlink Communications
- Jim Patterson, President, Wholesale Services, Sprint
- Eloise Schmitz, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Charter Communications
- Salaam Coleman Smith, President, Style Network
- Martha Soehren, Chief Learning Officer, Comcast
For thirty years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide leadership programs and services, and create professional advancement opportunities for women. With over 7,800 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry.
WICT develops women leaders who transform our industry through highly regarded professional events, educational programming and networking opportunities. Comcast, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Time Warner Cable, MTV Networks/BET Networks, Charter Communications and Rainbow are members of the 2008 WICT Leadership Circle and provide the highest level of financial support for WICT programs, services and advocacy.