Washington, DC - Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced its 2013 Chapter award recipients. In addition, the 2014 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors were announced.
The WICT Chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and Chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines laid out in the MCBP. The Chapter of the Year award is presented to the top performing Chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. In 2013, two Chapters earned the maximum number of points possible, and both received the Chapter of the Year award: WICT Greater Philadelphia and WICT Rocky Mountain.
WICT also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, WICT New Mexico & Arizona's Nancy Murphy, Regional Director, Talent Management & Development, Cox Communications; and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, Jill Meinzer, VP, Technical Services, ARRIS, who supported the WICT Greater Chicago Chapter.
"WICT's Chapters not only deliver programming and resources that enable our members to grow personally and professionally, they provide a critical local touchpoint that fosters relationships and lasting connections," said Lisa McBee-Granados, WICT's Senior Director of Chapter Relations. "Our honorees, both individuals and Chapters, exemplify the best of WICT, and I'm proud to work with all of them throughout the year."
WICT recognizes the following 2013 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leader of the Year presented to Holly Burgess, Senior Manager, Traffic, NESN, who served as the Vice President for WICT New England.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, presented to Betty Milligan, Government Relations Manager, Time Warner Cable, whose efforts supported WICT Greater Texas.
- WICT Most Improved Chapter for Chapter growth and development from the previous year, presented to WICT Heartland.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year presented to WICT Southeast for first place, Greater Philadelphia for second place and Carolinas for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for Chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program, presented to WICT Carolinas for first place, New York for second place and Southeast for third place.
- WICT Chapter Enterprise Award presented to Chapters who formed new and lasting partnerships within the industry and with local academic institutions, presented toWICT Southeast for first place, Rocky Mountain for second place and Greater Chicago for third place.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award honoring Chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by embracing the WICT vision and achieved 90 or more points on the 2013 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan. In 2013, WICT had the greatest number of Chapters ever receive the award in a single year, with 18 honorees. This award was presented to WICT Carolinas, Florida, Great Lakes, Greater Chicago, Greater Ohio, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Texas, Heartland, Midwest, New England, New Mexico & Arizona, New York, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southern California, Virginia, and Washington DC/Baltimore.
WICT also announced its 2014 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors.
- Carolinas - Janet Manzullo, VP, Talent Acquisition, Time Warner Cable
- Florida - Sabrina Calhoun, VP, Engineering, Bright House Networks
- Great Lakes - Yolanda Day, Regional VOD Product Coordinator, Comcast Heartland Region
- Greater Chicago - Katy Weber, Director, HR, Comcast
- Greater Ohio - Cherish Gilliam, Senior Director, VSB Commercial Inside Sales, Time Warner Cable
- Greater Texas - Jennifer Frager, Director Customer Care Sales/Retention, Suddenlink Communications
- Heartland - Lisa Gabler, Director of Customer Care Operations, Cox Communications
- Midwest - Chandni Thakrar-Ochoa, Senior Director, Technology Integration, Suddenlink Communications
- New England - Holly Burgess, Senior Manager, Traffic, NESN
- New Mexico & Arizona - Kimber Hanrahan, Manager, Professional Sales Development, Cox Communications
- New York - Ingrid Simunic, Senior Director, Product Management, Time Warner Cable
- Northern California - Angela Coleman, Human Resource Manager, Comcast - West Division
- Pacific Northwest - Theressa Dulaney, VP, External Affairs, Comcast
- Philadelphia - Heather Sokollu, Manager, Strategic Intellectual Property, Comcast
- Rocky Mountain - Maria Popo, President & Chief Business Officer, Ubee Interactive, Inc.
- Southeast - Kathy Gray, Director of Production Operations, Turner Studios
- Southern California - Traci Gerth, Senior Director, National Operations Commercial Services, Charter Communications
- Virginia - Mary K. Butler, Director of Sales, Comcast Spotlight
- Washington DC/Baltimore - Monica Lucero, Strategic Account Director, Yoh, A Day & Zimmerman Company
- Carolinas - Charlene Keys, Area VP, Operations, Time Warner Cable
- Florida - Joanna Popper, VP, Marketing, Telemundo
- Greater Chicago - Jill Meinzer, VP, Technical Services, ARRIS
- Greater Ohio - Marsha Conaway, Regional VP Human Resources - Midwest Region, Time Warner Cable
- Greater Texas - Beth Bayes, VP, Employee Communications - West Region, Time Warner Cable
- Heartland - Jennifer Bergman, VP, Finance - Central Region, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Midwest - Denise Farley, Senior Director - Revenue Asset Recovery, Mediacom
- New England - Pipier Bewlay, VP, Human Resources, Cox Communications
- New Mexico & Arizona - Nancy Murphy, Regional Director, Talent Management & Development, Cox Communications
- New York - Valerie Grubb, Operations Consultant and Trainer, Val Grubb & Associates, Ltd.
- Northern California - Elaine Barden, VP, Sales & Marketing, Comcast California
- Pacific Northwest - Marian Jackson, Director of Government Relations, Charter Communications
- Philadelphia - Jennifer Yohe Wagner, VP, Strategic Business Procurement, Comcast
- Rocky Mountain - Jill Stark, VP, Charter Business, Charter Communications
- Southeast - Sheri McGaughy, VP, Legal, The Weather Channel
- Southern California - Michelle McGuire, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Virginia - Gary McCollum, SVP & General Manager, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore - Vickie Fiala, GVP, Business Operations & Planning, Time Warner Cable
For thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast|NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #