Washington, DC - Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced notable additions to a stellar roster of industry executives and subject matter experts who will speak at the 2013 WICT Leadership Conference, which will take place at the New York Marriott Marquis, October 7-8, as part of the cable industry's Diversity Week.
Powerful industry executives, entrepreneurs and thought leaders recently added to the speaker lineup include:
- Marc Aldrich, VP, U.S. Cable Segment, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Stephanie Anderson, SVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Time Warner Cable Business Services
- Leah Brown, Public Relations Manager, Bright House Networks
- Judith Feder, Managing Director, du Pasquier & Co.
- A. Parker Geiger III, CEO, CHUVA Group
- Cynthia Gibson, Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Bernadine Han, VP, News & Local Programming, Time Warner Cable
- Madeline Heilman, Social Psychologist/Researcher, NYU
- Lori Hickok, EVP, Finance, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Annie Howell, EVP, Corporate Communications & Media Relations, Crown Media Family Networks
- Marva Johnson, Corporate VP, Government & Industry Affairs, Bright House Networks
- Amy Maclean, Editor-in-Chief, CableFAX Daily
- Kimberly Maki, Corporate VP & Chief Communications Officer, Bright House Networks
- Anne Mahlum, Social Entrepreneur & Founder, Back On My Feet
- Patty McCaskill, SVP & Chief Programming Officer, Suddenlink
- Emily Meithner, Founder & Lead Strategist, MCG Social
- Sophia Nelson, Esq., Award Winning Author & Journalist; columnist, NBC theGRIO.com & Newsweek/Daily Beast
- Michael Powell, President & CEO, NCTA
- Jane Rice, SVP, Field Distribution, A+E Networks
- Iyanla Vanzant, Spiritual Life Coach, New York Times Best Selling Author, Host of Iyanla: Fix My Life
- Melinda Witmer, EVP/Chief Video & Content Officer, Time Warner Cable
"WICT is privileged to have such an outstanding group of noteworthy speakers for this year's Leadership Conference," said Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO. She added, "The conference planning committee continues its work to build a program that will provide a distinctive and valuable learning opportunity for our attendees, through inspiring keynotes and innovative breakout sessions."
The 2013 WICT Leadership Conference is one of the preeminent continuing education opportunities for cable professionals. The conference, taking place October 7-8 at the New York Marriott Marquis as part of Cable's Diversity Week, will include interactive workshops, expert panels and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. Speakers will include a diverse array of industry professionals alongside other business experts and academic thought-leaders. More information about the conference, including the complete schedule and speaker lineup, may be found at www.wictconference.org
WICT recognizes the following sponsors of the 2013 Leadership Conference sponsors: Platinum Sponsor Comcast | NBCUniversal; Gold Sponsor Viacom Media Networks/EPIX; Silver Sponsor Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.; Bronze Sponsor Suddenlink Communications; and Champion Sponsor HBO. WE tv is the Premier Sponsor of the 2013 WICT Touchstones Luncheon.
To register for the conference, visit www.wictconference.org
For over thirty years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast|NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #