- Presenters represent diverse mix of industry experts alongside business and academic thought leaders
- October 7-8 conference opens cable industry's Diversity Week in New York
Chantilly, VA - Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced a stellar roster of industry executives and subject matter experts who will speak at the 2013 WICT Leadership Conference, which will take place at the New York Marriott Marquis, October 7-8, as part of the cable industry's Diversity Week.
The speaker lineup includes the following powerful industry executives, entrepreneurs and academic thought leaders:
- Allyson Ahlstrom, Founder, Threads for Teens
- Adria Alpert Romm, SEVP, Human Resources & Global Diversity, Discovery Communications
- Catherine Avgiris, EVP & CFO, Comcast Cable
- Sarah Barnett, President, Sundance Channel
- Jill Campbell, EVP & COO, Cox Communications
- Shannon Cassidy, Founder & CEO, bridge between, inc.
- David L. Cohen, Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation
- Malaak Compton-Rock, Founder & Director, The Angel Rock Project
- Marianne Cooper, Sociologist, The Clayman Institute; Lead Researcher, Lean In
- Jesse Draper, CEO, Valley Girl, Inc.; Creator & Host, The Valley Girls Show
- Christine Driessen, EVP & CFO, ESPN, Inc.
- Tiffany Dufu, Chief Leadership Officer, Levo League
- Mary Falkenstern, Faculty, Speech-Language Pathologist, Speakeasy Inc.
- Michele Ganeless, President, Comedy Central
- Judy Girard, Former President, Food Network & HGTV
- Sandy Howe, SVP, Market Development, ARRIS
- Jane Hyun, Founder & President, Hyun & Associates, Inc.
- Henna Inam, CEO, Transformational Leadership
- Neen James, Productivity Expert; President, Neen James Communications
- Dr. Izzy Justice, Founder Emeritus, EQmentor, Inc.
- David Kenny, Chairman & CEO, The Weather Company
- Kay Koplovitz, Founder, USA Network & The SyFy Channel; Chairman, USA Network and Springboard Enterprises
- Julie Laulis, COO, Cable ONE, Inc
- Cindy McConkey, SVP, Corporate Communications, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Mary Meduski, EVP & CFO, Suddenlink Communications
- Sonia Nagar, Co-founder & CEO, Pickie
- Laureen Ong, President, Travel Channel
- Donna Speciale, President, Turner Entertainment & Young Adult Ad Sales, Turner Entertainment Networks
- Karen Sumberg, EVP, Center for Talent Innovation and Principal, Hewlett Chivee Partners
- Amy Tykeson, President, CEO & Chairperson, BendBroadband
“WICT is honored to have such an extraordinary roster of thought leaders and experts in a variety of fields joining us for WICT’s Leadership Conference,” said Conference Chair Mary Meduski, EVP & CFO of Suddenlink Communications. She added, “The conference planning committee has been working diligently to build a program that will inspire and educate our participants, and we look forward to adding to this already impressive list of speakers as the conference draws closer.”
The 2013 WICT Leadership Conference is one of the preeminent continuing education opportunities for cable professionals. The conference, taking place October 7-8 at the New York Marriott Marquis as part of Cable's Diversity Week, will include interactive workshops, expert panels and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. Speakers will include a diverse array of industry professionals alongside other business experts and academic thought-leaders. More information about the conference, including the complete schedule and speaker lineup, may be found at www.wictconference.org
President & CEO of WICT Maria Brennan noted, "WICT is very proud to recognize the hard work of our conference planning committee in addition to the generosity of our key Leadership Conference sponsors, including Platinum Sponsor Comcast | NBCUniversal; Gold Sponsor Viacom Media Networks/EPIX; Silver Sponsor Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.; Bronze Sponsor Suddenlink Communications; and Champion Sponsor HBO. We also gratefully acknowledge WE tv for their Premier Sponsorship of the 2013 WICT Touchstones Luncheon."
To register for the conference, visit www.wictconference.org
For over thirty years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast | NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #