Washington, DC - Women in Cable Telecommunications today announced the industry leaders who will lead intimate, focused roundtable discussions during the 2014 Betsy Magness Graduate Institute (BMGI), taking place November 6-7 in Baltimore, Maryland.
Developed in partnership with the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) exclusively for alumnae of WICT's flagship leadership development program, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI), BMGI provides two days of focused instruction and discussion on key management challenges and opportunities facing today's cable leaders.
The BMGI program will feature case studies and research on successfully leading change. Attendees will explore strategies and tactics that will enable them to successfully navigate their teams through times of disruption. The roundtable discussions will highlight the personal experiences of cable leaders. Roundtable leaders include:
- Lori Conkling, EVP, Strategy and Business Development, NBCUniversal
- Denise Denson, EVP, Content Distribution & Marketing, Viacom Media Networks
- Kristin Dolan, Chief Operating Officer, Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Beth Hanssens, CFO & SVP, Sprout/NBCUniversal
- Marva Johnson, Corporate VP, Government & Industry Affairs, Bright House Networks
- Gail MacKinnon, EVP & Chief Government Relations Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Kim Martin, Senior Advisor, AMC Networks
- Laura Nathanson, EVP, Sales, ABC Family
- Tonia O'Connor, President, Distribution Sales & Marketing, Univision Communications Inc.
- Kathleen O'Reilly, Senior Managing Director, Accenture
- Michelle Rice, EVP, Affiliate Sales & Marketing, TV One
- Savalle Sims, SVP, Litigation & IP, Discovery Communications, LLC
- Dane Snowden, Chief of Staff, National Cable & Telecommunications Association
- Marie Svet, Chief Revenue Officer, AccuWeather, Inc.
This year, BMLI celebrates 20 years of preparing senior-level women to take on significant leadership responsibilities. The anniversary will be marked at a reception on Wednesday evening, November 5, before the formal program begins. The two current BMLI classes, 30 and 31, will also be in attendance at the reception.
"We are honored to have some of cable's most innovative and accomplished leaders discuss real-world issues and the implications of leading change," said Christina Vergara, WICT's Senior Vice President, Educational Programs. "We are also proud to recognize and celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute and the over 800 graduates of the program with many graduates and the current participants in attendance."
WICT recognizes Time Warner Cable as the Sponsor of the Betsy Magness Graduate Institute and the Premier Sponsor of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute; as well as Suddenlink Communications, the Supporting Sponsor of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute.
For thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #