September 15-16 conference opens cable industry's Diversity Week in New York
Washington, DC - Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced a stellar roster of experts who will take the stage at the 2014 WICT Leadership Conference. The conference will be held September 15-16 at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square as the cable industry converges in New York for Diversity Week.
The conference program includes the following top industry executives, entrepreneurs and academic thought leaders:
- Bernadette Aulestia, EVP, Domestic Network Distribution, Home Box Office
- Jennifer Ball, EVP, Marketing & Content Partnerships, Univision Communications Inc.
- Molly Battin, Chief Media and Business Insights Officer, Turner Media Group
- Deborah Brecher, Managing Director, Management Consulting, Accenture
- Maria E. Brennan, CAE, President & CEO, WICT
- Ann Carlsen, Founder & CEO, Carlsen Resources, Inc.
- Shannon Cassidy, Founder & CEO, bridge between, inc.
- David L. Cohen, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, Comcast Corporation
- Jocelyn Cooley, SVP, Human Resources & Talent Management, BET Networks
- Erica Dhawan, CEO, Cotential
- Jill Duffy, Writer & Technology Analyst, PC Magazine
- Meagan Fallone, CEO/Global Strategy & Development, The Barefoot College
- Daniel P. Gallagher, SVP, Strategic Growth Initiatives, Comcast - Spectacor
- Laura Garnett, Executive Coach and Founder, Zone of Genius
- Joan Gillman, President, Time Warner Cable Media and EVP, Time Warner Cable
- Rebecca Glashow, SVP, Digital Distribution & Partnerships, Discovery Communications
- Kym A. Harris, PhD, President & CEO, Your SweetSpot Coaching and Consulting, LLC
- Sandra K. Howe, SVP, Global Marketing, ARRIS
- Sandra Kapell, EVP, Human Resources & Administration, Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Kimberly Maki, Corporate VP, Corporate Communications & Public Relations, Bright House Networks
- Susanne McAvoy, EVP, Marketing, Creative & Communications, Crown Media Family Networks (Hallmark Channel & Hallmark Movie Channel)
- Cindy McConkey, SVP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Mary Meduski, EVP & CFO, Suddenlink Communications
- Pat Mitchell, Executive Vice Chair, The Paley Center
- Deanna Moffitt, Senior Instructor, Business Improv
- Michael K. Powell, President & CEO, National Cable & Telecommunications Association
- Jane Praeger, Founder & President, Ovid, Inc.; Faculty, Columbia University
- Michelle Rice, EVP, Affiliate Sales & Marketing, TV One
- Gail Sermersheim, Founder & First President of WICT (retired HBO)
- Lionel Shockness, Senior Consultant, Proteus International
- Tara Swart, PhD, CEO, The Unlimited Mind; Lecturer, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Melody Tan, SVP, Content Distribution & Marketing, MTV Networks
- Rhonda Taylor, EVP & Chief People Officer, Cox Communications
- Crystal Washington, SVP, External Relations and Vendor Management, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Esther Weinberg, CEO, MindLight Group, LLC
- Leigh Woisard, SVP, Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, Cox Communications
- Barbara Zaneri, EVP, Program Strategy, Scheduling & Acquisitions, BET Networks
As part of the Leadership Conference activities, WICT will honor the 2014 Woman of the Year and Women to Watch, respectively:
- Christine Driessen, EVP & CFO, ESPN
- Jennifer Mirgorod, EVP, Brand Distribution, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (Programmer)
- Deborah Picciolo, SVP, Technical Operations, Residential Services, Time Warner Cable, Inc. (Operator)
"WICT is thrilled to have such a powerful lineup of esteemed speakers from a variety of fields joining us for WICT's Leadership Conference," said Conference Chair Mary Meduski, EVP & CFO of Suddenlink Communications. She added, "The conference planning committee has been diligently working to create a program that will educate and inspire our participants, and we will continue to add to this already impressive list of speakers as the conference draws closer."
The WICT Leadership Conference is one of the preeminent continuing education opportunities for cable professionals. The conference will include keynote remarks, interactive workshops, expert panels, mentoring and coaching sessions, and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. The complete schedule and speaker lineup can be found at www.wictconference.org
President & CEO of WICT Maria Brennan, CAE, noted, "WICT is very proud to recognize the hard work of our conference planning committee in addition to the generosity of our key sponsors, including Platinum Sponsor Comcast NBCUniversal; Gold Sponsor Viacom Media Networks/EPIX; Silver Sponsor Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.; Bronze Sponsor Suddenlink Communications; and Champion Sponsor HBO. We also gratefully acknowledge SundanceTV for their Premier Sponsorship of the 2014 WICT Touchstones Luncheon."
To register for the conference, visit www.wictconference.org
For thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #