WICT RSS Feed
Chantilly, VA - Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of Classes XX and XXI of WICT’s 2009-2010 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI), the industry’s flagship executive development program. BMLI, sponsored by WE tv, provides intensive, yearlong management training that creates organizational value and measurable return by effectively aligning each Fellow’s operational competencies with the strategic drivers of their employers.
“The distinguished members of Classes XX and XXI are recognized for their business acumen and capacity for strategic risk,” said Laurie Root, WICT Vice President, Education & Program Development. “The rigorous BMLI experience will position them to take on additional leadership responsibilities and develop solutions that address their organization’s strategic requirements and business objectives.”
Members of Class XX of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Michelle Bailey, Vice President, Market Research, BET
- Janet Barnard, Senior Vice President & Region Manager, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Rita Brown, Regional President, Commercial, Time Warner Cable Business Class
- Katie Buchanan, Vice President, Programming & Acquisitions, The Style Network
- Denise Conroy-Galley, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Research, Outdoor Channel
- Karen DeGrammont, Vice President, Product Strategy and Partnerships, CNN.com
- Aimee Doane, Vice President, Operations, Suddenlink
- Barbara Gee, Vice President, Sales Operation, Comcast Cable
- Michele Goldstein, Vice President, Strategic Planning & Operations, Rainbow Network Sales, Rainbow Media Holding LLC
- Stephanie Hall, Vice President, Business Class Care, Comcast
- Julie Harrison, Vice President, Human Resources, Comcast
- Beth Hess, Executive Director, National Procurement, Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.
- Sheila Hicks, Vice President, Sales & Distribution, Cox Communications
- Susan Leepson, Regional Vice President, Communications, Time Warner Cable
- Meg Lowe, Senior Vice President, Content Distribution & Marketing, MTV Networks
- Andrea Macey, Director, Digital Media, WE tv
- Jodi Markley, Senior Vice President, Operations, ESPN
- Christin McMeley, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Charter Communications
- Linda Moore, Senior Director, Business Administration, ESPN
- Vikki Neil, Vice President & General Manager, Digital, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Donna Person, Senior Director, Strategy & Business Development, BET Networks
- Rebecca Scilingo, Vice President, Communications, Governance & Enterprise Project Management Operations, Comcast Corporation
- Janiece St. Cyr, Vice President, Human Resources, Cable One, Inc.
- Marybeth Strobel, Vice President, CNN Digital Ad Sales Manager, Turner
- Melody Tan, Senior Vice President, Content Distribution & Marketing, MTV
- Monique Ware, Senior Director, Strategic Planning & Analysis, BET Networks
- Sandie Zeigler, Vice President, Learning & Development, Comcast University
Members of Class XXI of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Sharon Allen, Vice President, Program Marketing & Advertising, Showtime Networks
- Kim Armor, CFO & Senior Vice President, Business Development, Versus
- Betsy Brightman, Vice President, Affiliate Relations & Distribution, Retirement Living TV
- Kimberly Cartwright, Senior Director, Content Acquisition, Comcast
- Gretchen Colon, Senior Vice President, Turner Broadcasting System
- Lee Crain, Senior Vice President, National Accounts, NBC Universal - TV Networks Distribution
- Elizabeth Doree, Senior Vice President, Scheduling & Acquisitions, WE tv
- Catherine O'Bryant Freeman, Vice President, Marketing, Suddenlink
- Stacy Gordon, Executive Director, Retention & Loyalty Marketing, Comcast Cable
- Ava Hall, Vice President, Programming & Production, BET International
- Gabrielle Ingram, Vice President of Sales, Learning & Development, Comcast Corporate
- Connie Keith, Vice President, CSG Systems
- Michelle Kim, Group Vice President & Chief Counsel Programming, Time Warner Cable
- Jennifer Kirkwood, Senior Director, Production Operations, ESPN, Inc.
- Paige Lillard, Vice President, Business Excellence, Turner Broadcasting
- Beth Main, Director, Affiliate Sales, HBO
- Janice Mobilia, Vice President, Finance, Comcast Cablevision of South Florida
- Mary Jo Moehle, Vice President, Investor Relations & Communications, Charter Communications
- Amalia O'Sullivan, Vice President, Consumer Product Mgmt, Optimum Online (HSI), Cablevision
- Rhonda Powell, Vice President, Business Affairs, Scripps Networks
- Alyse Ramer, Director, Affiliate Relations, Sportsman Channel
- Cathy Schelb, Vice President Marketing & Sales, Bright House Networks
- Roberta Segers, Executive Director, Solutions Delivery, Cox Communications
- Lillian Urso-Vieira, Senior Director, Disney and ESPN Networks
- Indira Venkat, Senior Vice President, Audiences & Research, Travel Channel Media
- Fania Washington, Vice President, Employment Counsel, MTV Networks
- Lisa Weller, Assistant Controller - Texas Region, Time Warner Cable
Classes XX and XXI will be facilitated by Grace Killelea, Vice President, Talent & Leadership Initiatives for Comcast. Additional details about BMLI Classes XX and XXI Fellows can be found at www.wict.org/programs/bmli/Pages/TheBMLIFellowship.aspx.
The Institute’s Founding
Established by WICT in 1993 with a generous grant from TCI’s Bob Magness and J.C. Sparkman, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is named in honor of one of the industry’s most charismatic leaders, a cable pioneer who combined business acumen with compassion. Betsy Magness was instrumental in transforming TCI, later AT&T Broadband and Internet Services, and now Comcast, into one of the nation’s most prominent and influential cable and telecommunication companies.
For thirty years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide leadership programs and services, and create professional advancement opportunities for women. With over 7,800 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast, Rainbow Media, Time Warner Cable and Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. are WICT’s 2009 Strategic Partners. The 2009 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is presented by WE tv.
# # # #