Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has announced its 2020 chapter award recipients.
The WICT chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines laid out in the MCBP. WICT presents the Chapter of the Year award to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2020, the WICT Europe, Greater Philadelphia and Southeast Chapters earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
WICT also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, WICT Southeast’s Renita Griskel, Director, Emerging Media Content, Discovery, Inc.; and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, WICT New England’s Lori LeBas, SVP, Business Operations, Disney Media Distribution.
“Our chapters serve an integral role in achieving our mission of developing women leaders,” said Hassana Howe, WICT Global’s VP, Member and Chapter Development. “In the face of a pandemic, their dedication never wavered as they pivoted from in-person programs to virtual events. It has been inspiring to witness, and it helped our WICT community tremendously.”
WICT also recognizes the following 2020 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leaders of the Year was presented to Shakira Isom, Sr. Retail Trainer, Comcast, who served as the Director of Outreach for WICT Southeast; and Barbara Nelms, Sr. Program Manager – Mobile, Charter Communications, who served as the Vice President for WICT Rocky Mountain.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year, awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, was presented to Colleen Pittman, Sales Support Coordinator, Comcast Business, whose efforts supported WICT Great Lakes.
- WICT Most Improved Chapters for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was presented to WICT Heartland and WICT Southern California.
- WICT Chapter Programming Excellence was presented to WICT New York for first place, WICT Midwest for second place and WICT Washington DC/Baltimore for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program was presented to WICT Florida for first place, Latin America and Southeast for second place, and Greater Ohio for third place.
- WICT Community Service Award, awarded to a chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to their local communities, was presented to WICT Greater Philadelphia.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award, which honors chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by achieving 90 or more points on the 2020 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan, was presented to WICT Carolinas, Europe, Florida, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Ohio, Heartland, Midwest, New England, New York, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southern California, United Kingdom and Washington DC/Baltimore.
WICT’s mission is to create women leaders who transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For more than 40 years, WICT has partnered with cable and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,500 members strong, WICT is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in cable media. Charter Communications and Comcast NBCUniversal are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICTHQ on Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn/Twitter for more information.