WICT Announces Rashida Jones, MSNBC President and Scripps Howard Journalism Hall of Famer, to Headline the Oct 4-5 Leadership Conference
Jones to Deliver Keynote Conversation on Monday, October 4
Washington, DC – WICT today announced MSNBC President Rashida Jones will open the 2021 Leadership Conference. The keynote conversation will take place during the opening general session on Monday, October 4. This year’s WICT Leadership Conference will be held virtually.
“WICT is thrilled to welcome Rashida Jones as we kick off Diversity Week 2021,” said WICT President & CEO, Maria E. Brennan, CAE. “Among the most prominent executives in news, Rashida boasts an extraordinary track record leading a global news organization through a period of unprecedented challenges—including a global pandemic, contentious U.S. presidential election and powerful civil rights movements. All of which give Rashida important insider insights that she will share with our audience of nearly a thousand cable and media executives.”
The Leadership Conference will also feature many of the industry’s key executives, leading researchers, and top academic minds, including—
- Martha Beck, Ph.D., New York Times Best-selling Author, Sociologist and Life Coach
- Lara Boyd, Professor and Wall Scholar, University of British Columbia
- Siobhan Dullea, Chief Executive Officer, Mass Challenge
- Priti Dalal, Global Brand Strategy Platform, TikTok
- Abigail Dunne-Moses, Director, Global Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Center for Creative Leadership
- Pat Esser, President & Chief Executive Officer, Cox Communication
- Cheryl Flink, Ph.D., Global Vice President, Leadership Research and Analytics, Center for Creative Leadership
- Laura Gentile, Executive Vice President, Commercial Marketing, Networks and ESPN, The Walt Disney Company
- Dexter Goei, Chief Executive Officer, Altice USA
- Jennifer Hamady, Voice and Performance Coach, Author and Therapist, Finding Your Voice
- Sandra Howe, Technology Executive and Chair, WICT Global and Minim
- Dravon James, Pharm.D., Motivational Speaker & Writer
- Julie Laulis, Chair of the Board, President & CEO, Cable One, Inc.
- Sarah Levitt, Executive Coach, Author and Founder, Making Magnificence
- Stephanie Mitchko-Beale, Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer Charter Communications
- Craig Robinson, Executive Vice President & Chief Diversity Officer, NBCUniversal
- Geena Rocero, Founder, Gender Proud
- Monica Trasandes, Director of Spanish Language and Latinx Media GLAAD
- Jen Welter, Ph.D., First Female NFL Coach, Sports Psychologist, Gold Medalist
- Dalila Wilson-Scott, EVP & Chief Diversity Officer, Comcast Corporation and President, Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation
- Christopher L. Winfrey, Chief Financial Officer, Charter Communications
- April Wirtz, Managing Director, Accenture Strategy
“Kudos to the conference planning committee for putting together this exceptional lineup of renowned leaders and experts from a variety of fields.” said Conference Committee Chair and WICT Global Board Chair Sandra K. Howe. She added, “Our goal is to educate and inspire, and these speakers will not disappoint.”
The 2021 WICT Leadership Conference is the premier leadership development event for the media and entertainment industry. Taking place online October 4 and 5 as part of Cable’s Diversity Week, the conference includes interactive workshops, expert panels and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. Speakers encompass a diverse array of industry professionals alongside numerous business experts and academic thought leaders. More information about the conference may be found at www.wictconference.org.
WICT gratefully acknowledges the 2021 Leadership Conference Platinum Sponsor Comcast NBCUniversal and Gold Sponsor, Charter Communications, as well as Champion Sponsors Disney and ESPN Media Networks and TV One.
About Rashida Jones
Rashida Jones is President of MSNBC, the premier destination for breaking news, award-winning journalism, in-depth analysis and informed perspectives. She is responsible for oversight of all programming, editorial units, business development and technical operations. Prior to taking on the role of President in February 2021, in which she became the first Black executive to lead a major television news network, Jones served as Senior Vice President, NBC News and MSNBC. Jones won an Emmy for strategic coverage of the Supreme Court’s decision on same-sex marriage in 2016 and executive produced the most-watched Democratic presidential debate in history during the 2020 election cycle.
In 2019, Jones was inducted into the Scripps Howard Journalism Hall of Fame, an honor acknowledging her outstanding work in the journalism industry. In 2020, Jones was named to Variety’s New York Women’s Impact Report and 37 New Yorkers Making an Impact in Entertainment lists.
About WICT Global
WICT is a nonpartisan organization whose mission is to create women leaders that transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For more than 40 years, WICT has partnered with media and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,000 members strong, WICT is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in media. Charter Communications and Comcast NBCUniversal are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICTHQ on Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn/Twitter for more information.