Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced its 2014 Chapter award recipients. In addition, the 2015 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors were announced.
The WICT Chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines laid out in the MCBP. The Chapter of the Year award is presented to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2014, the WICT New York Chapter earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
WICT also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, WICT Southeast’s Kathy Gray; and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, for the second year in a row, Jill Meinzer, VP, Technical Services, ARRIS, who supported the WICT Greater Chicago Chapter.
"WICT’s 20 chapters deliver outstanding programming and resources that enable our members to grow as leaders personally and professionally, and they also provide opportunities to foster relationships and develop lasting connections," said Nicole Edmund, WICT’s Associate Vice President of Membership and Chapter Relations. "Our honorees, both individuals and chapters, exemplify the best of WICT, and I’m honored to work with all of them throughout the year."
WICT recognizes the following 2014 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leader of the Year was presented to Christine Fiske, VP, Solutions Delivery, Unison Systems, Inc., who served as the Membership Chair for WICT Rocky Mountain.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year, awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, was presented to Shanna Gildersleeve, Media Manager, NBC Hub Operations, Encompass Digital Media, whose efforts supported the WICT Southeast Chapter.
- WICT Most Improved Chapter, for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was presented to WICT Washington DC/Baltimore.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year was presented to WICT New York for first place, Southeast for second place and Great Lakes for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program, was presented to WICT Carolinas for first place, Rocky Mountain for second place and New York for third place.
- WICT Community Service Award, awarded to one chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to its local community, was presented to WICT New York.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award, which honors chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by achieving 90 or more points on the 2014 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan, was presented to WICT Carolinas, Great Lakes, Greater Ohio, Greater Philadelphia, Midwest, New England, New York, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southern California, Southwest, Virginia, Washington DC/Baltimore.
WICT also announced its 2015 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors.
- Carolinas – Janet Manzullo, Group VP, Talent Acquisition & Movement, Time Warner Cable
- Florida – Steven Sussman, Senior Manager, Affiliate Relations, HSN
- Great Lakes – Kristin Quinn, Senior Manager, Employee Engagement & Employee Relations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Katy Weber, Director, HR, Comcast
- Greater Ohio – Cherish Gilliam, Senior Director, Telesales, Time Warner Cable
- Greater Philadelphia – Heather Sokollu, Manager, Strategic Intellectual Property, Comcast
- Greater Texas – Jennifer Frager, Regional Retention Manager, Time Warner Cable
- Heartland – Jada Roberts, Comm Center Manager, Cox Communications
- Midwest – Chandni Thakrar-Ochoa, Vice President, Technology Integration, Suddenlink Communications
- New England – Holly Burgess, Senior Manager, Traffic, NESN
- New York – Stacie Gray, Chief Creative Officer, iN DEMAND
- Northern California – Lillian Casares, Senior Director, Affiliate Sales & Marketing, Pac-12 Networks
- Pacific Northwest – Theressa Dulaney, VP, External Affairs, Comcast
- Rocky Mountain – Maria Popo, President & Chief Business Officer, Ubee Interactive, Inc.
- Southeast – Laurie Dean Baird, Managing Director, Laderium Media Group
- Southern California – Traci Gerth, Business Operations Strategist, Sand Cherry Associates
- Southwest – Kimber Hanrahan, Manager, Professional Sales Development, Cox Communications
- United Kingdom – Helen Scott, People Director, Growth, Virgin Media, United Kingdom
- Virginia – Angela Washington, Marketing Manager, Shentel
- Washington DC/Baltimore – Trish Scanlon, VP, Brand Creative, Scripps Networks Interactive-Travel Channel
- Carolinas – Charlene Keys, Area VP, Operations, Time Warner Cable
- Florida – Joanna Popper, VP, Marketing, Telemundo
- Great Lakes - Michelle Gilbert, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Jill Meinzer, VP, Technical Services, ARRIS
- Greater Ohio – Marsha Conaway, Regional VP Human Resources – Midwest Region, Time Warner Cable
- Greater Philadelphia – Jennifer Yohe Wagner, VP, Strategic Business Procurement, Comcast
- Greater Texas – Aimee Doane, VP of Network Operations, Suddenlink
- Heartland – Jennifer Bergman, Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Midwest – Denise Farley, Senior Director – Revenue Asset Recovery, Mediacom
- New England – Pipier Bewlay, VP, Human Resources, Cox Communications
- New York – Annemarie Bray, VP, Human Resources, Viacom Inc.
- Northern California – Elaine Barden, VP, Sales & Marketing, Comcast California and Shane Portfolio, VP, Engineering, Comcast Cable
- Pacific Northwest – Marian Jackson, Director of Government Relations, Charter Communications
- Rocky Mountain – Lisa Panepinto, Executive Director, Comcast Business Services, Comcast
- Southeast – Sheri McGaughy, VP, Legal, The Weather Channel
- Southwest – Nancy Murphy, Director, Talent Management & Development, Cox Communications
- United Kingdom – Gabby Redfern, SVP, Media Operations, Discovery EMEA
- Virginia – Gary McCollum, SVP & General Manager, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore – Linette Hwu, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive
For over thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #