Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of Classes 32 and 33 of the 2015/2016 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI).
BMLI is recognized by the industry as the premier leadership development program for executive women in cable and telecommunications. In the twenty-plus years since its launch in 1994, over 800 women have graduated from the program.
WICT is pleased to announce Time Warner Cable returning as the exclusive BMLI Premier Sponsor. Suddenlink Communications also returns as the Supporting Sponsor of the upcoming classes. In addition, the Walter Kaitz Foundation is an Industry Partner of the program.
"BMLI participants are chosen from a highly competitive application pool and they represent some of the top women executives from across the cable industry," said Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO. "Graduates of this program have a track record of success, and the newest classes will undoubtedly make an impact on their companies and the industry."
Members of Class 32 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Elizabeth Braiman, Sr. Director, Digital Distribution & Business Development, A+E Networks
- Roxanne Cloutier, VP, Global, Enterprise & Distribution Systems, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Raquel DiPerna, VP, Production & Creative Operations, BET Networks
- Pattie Eliason, VP, Charter Stores, Charter Communications
- Marina Escobar, VP, Visual Technology, ESPN
- Katherine Fox, Sr. Director, BPO, Planning & Project Management, Comcast
- Meredith Garwood, Group VP, Tax, Time Warner Cable
- Laura Gorham, VP, Internal Communications, Cablevision
- Lisa Ray Griffin, VP, Entertainment Finance, Turner Entertainment Networks
- Michelle Hunt, VP, Business Financial Operations, Comcast
- Renee Ingenito, Executive Director, Comcast
- Linda King, VP, Supply-Chain Operations, Planning & Logistics, Cox Communications
- Virginia Lazalde-McPherson, SVP, Business Affairs, truTV (Turner Broadcasting)
- Dara Leslie, VP, Marketing, Comcast
- Patricia Estrada Martin, VP, Network Operations, Cox Northeast Region
- Bella Metcalf, VP, Marketing & New Products, Discovery Communications
- Lauren Monks, VP, Partner Marketing Strategy, Content Distribution, NBCUniversal
- Alina Montano, VP, Product Infrastructure & Operations, Time Warner Cable
- Eilisa Reid, Sr. Director, Systems Engineering, Comcast
- Joan Ritchie, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Joan Scazzaro, VP, Customer Care Ops, Bright House Networks
- Joanna Scholl, VP, Consumer Marketing & Marketing Strategy, Home Box Office
- Sherry Skinner, Regional Director, Sales & Retention, Suddenlink Communications
- Nancy Turnbeaugh, Sr. Director, Carrier Operations, Suddenlink Communications
- Sandra Wells, EVP & Deputy General Counsel, Viacom Media Networks
- Julie Yoo, SVP, Corporate Development, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Kathleen Ziemer Boyes, Director, Strategy & Planning, Cisco
Members of Class 33 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Danielle Acampora Noeker, Sr. Director, Financial Accounting, ESPN
- Amy Atkins, VP, Talent & Organizational Development, Suddenlink Communications
- Meghan Ballantyne, VP, Content Distribution, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Yetta Banks, VP, Design & Construction, Viacom
- Patricia Betron, SVP, Multimedia Sales, ESPN Customer Marketing & Sales
- Imani Breaker, VP, Customer Care- NYC, Time Warner Cable
- Valerie Cardwell, Executive Director, Comcast
- Rachel Crain, Vice President, Nickelodeon
- Alicia Daugherty, VP, Project Management, Comcast
- Betty DeCicco, VP, Time Warner Interconnect-NYC Media Sales, Time Warner Cable
- Kimberly Dobson, VP, Digital Partnerships, A+E Networks
- Meara Erdozain, VP, Programming, CNN International, Turner
- Mary Ann Green, VP, Business Systems, Media Software & Services, Turner Broadcasting System
- Lauren Hali, VP, Integrated Marketing, AMC Networks
- Michelle Hawkins, VP, Strategic Procurement, Charter Communications
- Veronica Jellison, VP, Customer Care, Comcast
- Eva Jones, Sr. Director, HR, Suddenlink
- Rebecca Lamperski, Sr. Director, Learning & Development, Comcast
- Tal Laufer, Director, Product Management, ARRIS
- Jennifer Maack, Sr. Director, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Cara Mancini, VP, HR Operations & Administration, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Maureen McCabe Moore, Chief, Customer Experience Officer, GCI
- Brigitte McCray, SVP, Program Planning & Strategy, Travel Channel
- Depelsha McGruder, SVP, Content Strategy & Operations – Original Programing, BET Networks/Viacom
- Stephanie Monroe, VP, Call Center Sales, Cox
- Joy Park, VP, Outsourcing Strategy and Support & eCare, Comcast
- Stefanie Schwartz, SVP, Digital Publishing & Operations, Viacom – Nickelodeon
The women selected for BMLI Classes 32 and 33 will participate in a yearlong educational program which incorporates direct feedback on their leadership styles, as well as guidance in developing a strategic vision for their teams and companies. WICT’s content partner for BMLI, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education, recognized for its exclusive focus on leadership education and research.
Additional details about BMLI and Classes 32 and 33 can be found here.
The Institute’s Founding
Established by WICT in 1994 with a generous grant from TCI’s Bob Magness and J.C. Sparkman, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is named in honor of one of the industry’s most charismatic leaders, a cable pioneer who combined business acumen with compassion. Betsy Magness was instrumental in transforming TCI, later AT&T Broadband and Internet Services, and now Comcast, into one of the nation’s most prominent and influential cable and telecommunication companies.
For over thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #