Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of Classes 40 and 41 of the 2019-2020 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI).
BMLI is recognized by the industry as the premier leadership development program for executive women in the cable media industry. This year, WICT celebrates 25 years of the BMLI program, which in May 2019 recognized its 1,000th graduate.
WICT proudly recognizes Charter Communications as the Premier Sponsor and Comcast NBCUniversal as the Supporting Sponsor of the upcoming classes, as well as Industry Partner, the Walter Kaitz Foundation.
“WICT is thrilled to welcome Classes 40 and 41 to BMLI as they embark on a truly transformative leadership journey,” said Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO. “Over the next year, these influential professionals will be immersed in the industry’s top-rated development program as they move through a highly-customized BMLI curriculum. We applaud each of these leaders for their commitment to lifelong learning and career advancement.”
Members of Class 40 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Annmarie Andress, VP, Comcast Central Division Vendor Management, Comcast
- Belinda Aristy Maldonado, VP, Human Resources, Mediacom Communications Corporation
- Frances Augustine, Sr. Director, Reliability Voice Engineering, Comcast
- Patsy Baldes, GVP, External Reporting & Accounting Policy, Charter Communications
- Julia Bross, VP, Care Sales & Retention Strategy, Comcast
- Rita Buffington, VP, Learning & Development, Comcast University – West Division, Comcast
- Anita Chinkes Ratner, SVP & Head, Global Music & Licensing Strategy, Viacom Media Networks
- Kerri Clark, VP & Assistant General Counsel – Legal & Business Affairs, WarnerMedia
- Sarah DeLeo, Executive Director, CX Integration, Comcast
- Loren Hudson, VP, Human Resources, Keystone Region, Comcast
- Shelly Humphreys, VP, Email/Portal Infrastructure Operations, Charter Communications
- Laura Kane, VP & Creative Director, Paramount Network/TV Land, Viacom, Inc.
- Gretchen Kelly, VP, Enterprise Communication Systems, Charter Communications
- Stephanie Kosta, RVP, Government & Regulatory Affairs, Comcast
- Fran Mallace, Group VP, Cox Media
- Valerie Meraz, SVP, Content Acquisitions & Strategy, WarnerMedia
- Nicole Pelaez-Dandrea, VP, Audience Engagement, ESPN
- Randi Pollack, VP & Digital Media Counsel, L&BA, A+E Networks
- Lea Refice, Sr. Director, User Experience, Comcast
- Dana Reyngoudt, VP, Partner Marketing, NBCUniversal
- Teresa Talese, VP, Data Management, Comcast
- Susan Tanamli, SVP, Head of Technology, A+E Networks
- Florentina Vallejos, Sr. Director, Programming Research, Univision Communications
- Kimberly Violano, VP, Assistant Controller, Altice USA
- Sue Weiske, VP & Associate General Counsel – Legal Operations, Charter Communications
- Laura Young, SVP, Corporate Communications, WarnerMedia Entertainment & Direct-to-Consumer, WarnerMedia
- Susana Zepeda, VP, Talent Relations & Development, WarnerMedia
Members of Class 41 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Lynne Bell, VP, Strategic Sales, Spectrum Enterprise
- Megan Bishop, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Candice Brancazio, VP, Brand Finance, Viacom, Inc.
- Richelle Clements, SVP, Deal Finance, Distribution & Business Development, Viacom Media Networks
- Samantha Corenzwit, VP, Digital Revenue Management, A+E Television Networks
- Angela Foell, Sr. Director, Software & Engineering, X1, Comcast
- Shannon Gavornik, VP, Program Management, Charter Communications
- Holly Henderson, VP, Distribution, Crown Media Family Networks
- Annette Jones, VP, Government, Healthcare, Education, GCI Communication Corp
- Mindy Kang Hwang, Executive Director, NGAN Product Management, Comcast
- Kimberly Keever, Chief Information Security Officer & SVP, Security, Analytics, & Technology Services, Cox Communications
- LaShondia Kendrick, Sr. Director, Customer Care, Comcast
- Julie Kim, VP, Pricing & Inventory, AMC Ad Sales, AMC Networks
- Ashley Matts, VP, Strategy & Insights, NBCUniversal
- Kara Miller, VP, Comcast University, Comcast
- Renata Policicio, VP, Research & Insights, Global Markets, ESPN
- Susy Ponce de Leon Soto, Director, Business HR, Sparklight
- Hania Poole, SVP/GM, NCAA Digital & Bleacher Report Live, WarnerMedia
- Mary Pouliopoulos, Divisional VP, Spectrum Reach
- Nithya Ruff, Executive Director, OSPO, Comcast
- Ruth Sandhaas, VP, Finance, Spectrum Reach, Charter Communications
- Mindy Schwartz, VP & Deputy General Counsel, Comcast
- Leslie Talansky, Director, Sales, Cox Media California, Cox Communications
- Jodi Teitelman, VP, Affiliate Distribution & Marketing, Qurate Retail Group Networks
- Karen Torrenti, Sr. Director, Global Sales Training, CommScope
- Andrea Zapata, VP, Research and Insights, Effectv, Comcast Cable
The women selected for BMLI Classes 40 and 41 will participate in a yearlong educational program which incorporates direct feedback on their leadership styles, as well as guidance in developing a strategic vision for their teams and companies. WICT’s content partner for BMLI, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education, recognized for its exclusive focus on leadership education and research.
Additional details about BMLI and Classes 40 and 41 can be found here.
The Institute’s Founding
Established by WICT in 1994 with a generous grant from TCI’s Bob Magness and J.C. Sparkman, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is named in honor of one of the industry’s most charismatic leaders, a cable pioneer who combined business acumen with compassion. Betsy Magness was instrumental in transforming TCI, later AT&T Broadband and Internet Services, and now Comcast, into one of the nation’s most prominent and influential cable and telecommunication companies. In 2019, WICT celebrates 25 years of the industry’s flagship leadership development program for women, which recently recognized its 1000th graduate.
About WICT (Women in Cable Telecommunications)
WICT is a global organization whose mission is to create women leaders who transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For 40 years, WICT has partnered with cable and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,500 members strong, WICT is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in cable media. Charter Communications and Comcast NBCUniversal are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICTHQ on Twitter for more information.
# # #