Driving Results in a New Way:
Through Social Networks, Boundary Spanning and Brain Optimization
Imagine the opportunity to learn the latest research on Network Analysis, Neuroscience and Leadership, and Organizational Boundary Spanning to help you assess if you are spending your time in the right way to increase your personal effectiveness and organizational impact. The good news is that you don’t have to just imagine. This will be the focus of our 2012 Betsy Magness Graduate Institute in Washington, D.C.
To highlight a few things you might discover: you are rewarding the wrong people, your high performers are bottlenecks, your current networks don’t provide the best new insights, your approach can trigger chaos and rigidity in others, your brain is the key for making new connections, the quality of sleep you get impacts your performance, and your colleagues that stand at key intersections of the organization may be the most poised for innovation.
For this enriching day and a half session, we will be joined by colleagues from the Center for Creative Leadership and their partners to hear key research findings and utilize practical tools and techniques that will be your engine for future performance. They will share their latest work that demonstrates how leaders who are attuned to the information networks in their organization, who span organizational boundaries, and who are cognizant of factors that optimize brain function (theirs and others’) are more successful over time.
- Learn how successful leaders are managing the center and periphery of their networks
- Learn how successful leaders bridge organizational silos, maximize expertise and minimize insularity
- Learn more in-depth tools for spanning intra- and inter-organizational boundaries
- Learn how reciprocity creates energy that leads to higher productivity
- Learn how your emotional and physiological state drives your behavior and impacts the quality of your relationships
- Learn how to use your emotional and physiological states to create energy, change behavior, and influence others
FACILITATORS: Sara King, Adjunct Staff; Laura Santana, Senior Faculty; Carol Connolly, Senior Design & Delivery Faculty from the Center for Creative Leadership; Rob Cross, Assistant Professor of Management, University of Virginia’s McIntire School of Commerce