Managing People is the Hardest Part of My Job!
GROWING GREAT EMPLOYEES
Turning Ordinary People Into Extraordinary Performers
WICT Webinar with Erika Andersen
When: Thursday May 13, 2010 from 12:00-1:00pm EST
Fees: $45 / members and $95 / non-members
Registration: Register ONLINE today
Do you often feel like your employees make your life harder, not easier?
“If you’re like many highly-skilled executives and entrepreneurs, you may simply not know how to develop employees who support your success—rather than get in your way,” says Erika Andersen, author of the book Growing Great Employees: Turning Ordinary People into Extraordinary Performers (January 2, 2007, Portfolio, Hardcover).
During this webinar, Erika will explore the following areas of management:
- Where do you begin? She’s discovered there’s a secret ingredient to being a great boss and has never yet met a great boss who doesn’t use this secret ingredient. On this webinar, Erika will share this secret with you.
- What – and who – do you want? Great bosses have a clear vision of the workplace they’re trying to create, and about the kinds of employees that will help them to create the workplace they envision. Erika will share some of the approaches they use.
- How do you get them started? Bad bosses tend to throw their new employees into the deep end of the pool and hope for the best. Good bosses know better – She’ll talk about some of the ways you can keep new employees from drowning!
- How do you keep them growing? Getting good people to work for you is just the first step. How do you keep them – and how do you develop them? This is the heart of good boss-dom, and we’ll spend some time exploring it.
- Where do you draw the line? What about employees who aren’t so good? Erika will offer some guidelines for knowing where your responsibility ends and the employee’s responsibility begins – so you can keep from getting held hostage to employees who don’t keep their end of the bargain.
Take one hour of your day in the comfort of your office to take the next step in your management journey - register online today.