Leigh Woisard Assumes Board Chair Role
Sandra Howe to Serve as Immediate Past Chair
Rhonda Crichlow Joins Executive Committee as Strategic Planning Co-Chair
WASHINGTON, DC, (January 12, 2023) — The WICT Network today announced the members of its 2023 Global Board of Directors.
Communications consultant Leigh Woisard, elected in 2022 as Vice Chair, has now stepped into her role as Chair for 2023. Having completed her term as Board Chair in 2022, technology executive Sandra Howe will serve as the Immediate Past Chair in 2023.
New At-Large Members of the Board of Directors are Samira Bakhtiar, Director, Global Media, AWS; Roy Cho, EVP, Distribution, AMC Networks; Patty Donaldson, Regional Director, Cisco; Sara Hinzman, SVP, Distribution & Strategy, A+E Networks; Kia Painter, EVP & Chief People Officer, Cox Communications; and Laura Peterson, North America Communications, Media & Technology Industry Practices Lead, Accenture. In addition, Soraya Loerts, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Liberty Global, will serve a one-year term as Chapter Leader Designee. The full list of The WICT Network board members is noted below.
The WICT Network Global Board is a subset of its 10,500 members. Each board leader brings deep industry experience and astute business perspectives to ensure The WICT Network remains at the forefront of the ever-evolving media landscape. Board member bios are available online here.
“I can’t think of a more exciting time to step into the role of Board Chair at The WICT Network,” Leigh Woisard said. ” In 2023, we’ll focus on expanding The WICT Network’s presence among media and technology professionals on the West Coast and introduce new tools to empower our members to forge stronger and more robust connections with industry peers worldwide. I’m thrilled to welcome our new and returning Board colleagues as we unite multiple generations of women across the media, entertainment and technology landscape for the betterment of our industry.”
Full 2023 Global Board of Directors for The WICT Network
- Leigh Woisard, Communications Consultant, Chair
- Sandra Howe, Technology Executive, Immediate Past Chair
- Catherine Bohigian, EVP, Government Affairs, Charter Communications, Treasurer
- Karen Buchholz, EVP, Administration, Comcast, Industry Relations Committee Chair
- Justin Connolly, President, Disney Platform Distribution, The Walt Disney Company, Chapter Development Committee Chair
- Rhonda Crichlow, Chief Diversity Officer, Charter Communications, Strategic Planning Co-Chair
- Jen Neal, EVP, Entertainment Live Events & Specials, NBCUniversal Television & Streaming, Development Committee Chair
- Michelle Rice, President, TV One & CLEO TV, Strategic Planning Co-Chair
- Alaka Williams, SVP, Human Resources – U.S. Networks, Warner Bros. Discovery, Governance Committee Chair
- Maria E. Brennan, The WICT Network, President & CEO/Ex Officio
- Lisa Anselmo, EVP, Communications & Community Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer, Altice USA
- Samira Bakhtiar, Director, Global Media, AWS
- Crystal Barnes, SVP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental, Social and Governance Strategy & Reporting, Paramount
- Roy Cho, EVP, Distribution, AMC Networks
- Patty Donaldson, Regional Director, Cisco
- Johnita Due, EVP, Integrity & Inclusion, CNN, and Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, News & Sports, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Laura Gentile, EVP, Commercial Marketing, Disney Media Networks & ESPN
- Orlando Hampton, Chief Customer Officer and General Manager, USA, Afiniti
- Sara Edwards Hinzman, SVP, Distribution & Strategy, A+E Networks
- Grace Ho, Managing Director, People, Liberty Global B.V.
- Soraya Loerts, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Liberty Global, Chapter Leader Designee
- Ann McGlennen, Chief Human Resources Officer, Midco
- Leslie Miles, Chief Transformation Officer, CommScope
- Kia Painter, EVP & Chief People Officer, Cox Communications
- Laura Peterson, North America Communications, Media & Technology Industry Practices Lead, Accenture
- Tina Simmons, SVP, Human Resources, Central Division, Comcast Cable Communications
About The WICT Network
The WICT Network is a global organization whose mission is to create women leaders that transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For more than 40 years, The WICT Network has partnered with media, entertainment and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,000 members and 24 chapters strong, The WICT Network is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in media. Charter Communications, Comcast NBCUniversal and Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution are The WICT Network’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICTHQ on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter for more information.