WASHINGTON, DC, (January 26, 2023) — The WICT Network today announced both its 2022 chapter award recipients and its 2023 chapter presidents and advisors.
The WICT Network chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), where chapters earn points for performance metrics that meet or exceed guidelines provided in the MCBP. The WICT Network presents the Chapter of the Year award to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2022, The WICT Network: Greater Texas earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
The WICT Network also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, The WICT Network: Southern California’s Jennifer Miles, Executive Director, Brand Marketing at Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution; and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, The WICT Network: Heartland’s Anne Harris, Senior Director, Marketing & Client Solutions at Cox Media.
“We are deeply grateful to the leaders of The WICT Network’s 24 domestic and international chapters for their tireless work to move our mission forward,” said Kristin Edwards, The WICT Network’s VP, Member and Chapter Development. “Their commitment to women in our industry is unparalleled and they continue to pivot and innovate as the media, entertainment and technology landscape evolves. We are dually excited to shine a spotlight on the accomplishments of our 2022 chapter honorees and welcome our incoming chapter leaders and advisors, who are sure to make their respective marks on their chapters in the year ahead.”
The WICT Network congratulates all of its 2022 Chapter Honorees on receiving the following awards:
- Chapter of the Year was presented to The WICT Network: Greater Texas
- Chapter President of the Year was presented to The WICT Network: Southern California’s Jennifer Miles, Executive Director, Brand Marketing at Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution
- Chapter Advisor of the Year was presented to The WICT Network: Heartland’s Anne Harris, Senior Director, Marketing & Client Solutions at Cox Media
- Chapter Leader of the Year awards were presented to Mandy Schultz, Sr. Manager, Human Resources at Comcast, who served as Programming Chair for The WICT Network: Greater Texas; and Jennilee Carrera, Product Manager at Comcast, who served as Sponsorship Chair for The WICT Network: Greater Philadelphia.
- Chapter Volunteer of the Year, awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of The WICT Network, was presented to The WICT Network: Heartland’s Sandra De Lara, Senior Creative Specialist at Cox Communications.
- Most Improved Chapter for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was presented to The WICT Network: Greater Texas.
- Community Service Award, awarded to chapters that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to their local communities, were presented to The WICT Network: Greater Pittsburgh and The WICT Network: Southeast.
- Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful mentoring program was presented to The WICT Network: Greater Chicago for first place, New York for second place and Virginia for third place.
- Programming of the Year was presented to The WICT Network: Rocky Mountain for first place, Carolinas for second place and Greater Ohio for third place.
- Innovation and Excellence, which honors a chapter that implemented new initiatives that improved the member experience and/or programs, services or campaigns that serve their community, was presented to The WICT Network: Southern California.
2023 Chapter Presidents
- Carolinas - Diana Monk, VP, Corporate Learning Solutions, Charter Communications
- Europe – Eke Vermeer, VP, Public Policy, Liberty Global
- Florida - Sadie Molinet, Strategic Account Manager, SLED, Spectrum Enterprise
- Great Lakes - Darralyn Griffin, Finance Supervisor, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – La Tarsha Simmons, Project Manager, Comcast Cable
- Greater Ohio – Zaki’ya Black, Customer Operations Manager, Charter Communications
- Greater Philadelphia - Yvette Thornton, Principal, Clarke Innovations
- Greater Pittsburgh - Sherry Ott, Director, Business Partner Project Manager, Comcast Cable
- Greater Texas - Gema Morales, Sr. Manager, Business Operations, Comcast Cable
- Heartland - Andi Bledsoe, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Cox Communications
- Latin America - Maria Lizarraga Iriarte, Former Titular de la Unidad de Medios y Contenidoes Audiovisuales, Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones
- Midwest - Amber Schwiesow, VP of Procurement and Supply Chain, Midco
- New England – Sara Nizzardo, Senior Manager, Quality Assurance Analysis, The Walt Disney Company
- New York - Liz Spaulding, VP of Business Development, BritBox International
- Northern California - Linda Phanouvong, Market Sales Manager, Comcast NBCUniversal
- Pacific Northwest - Crystal Daily, Sales Manager, Effectv
- Rocky Mountain – Camilla Formica, Chief Program Officer, The Cable Center
- Southeast – Jamelia Smith, Sr. Manager, Program Management, Cox Communications
- Southern California - Jennifer Miles, Executive Director, Brand Marketing, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
- Southwest - Dawn Imbriale, Enterprise Space Manager, Cox Communications
- United Kingdom – Madalina Suceveanu, Managing Director, Mobile & Cloud Technology, Liberty Global
- Virginia – Jenn Gilman, Director Retail Technology, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore – Monique Kennedy, Sr. Manager, Retail Business Assurance Comcast Corporation
2023 Chapter Advisors
- Carolinas – Meredith Garwood, Group VP, Tax, Charter Communications, and Sandra Howe, Technology Executive, S. Howe & Associates
- Europe – Ajanta Bhandari, Director Mobile Service Management Centre, Liberty Global and Fleur van Beem, Executive Director Strategy, Insights &Digital Transformation, VodafoneZiggo
- Florida – Marva Johnson, Group VP, State Government Affairs – South Region, Charter Communications
- Great Lakes – Michelle Gilbert, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Debra Piscola, Sr. Director, Government Affairs, Comcast and Cathy Traczek, Senior Director, Executive Customer Relations, Comcast
- Greater Ohio – Jeffrey Gehrig, Regional VP, Field Operations, Charter Communications
- Greater Philadelphia – Kristy Blaise, VP, Learning Engagement, Comcast
- Greater Texas – Jamie Mosmeyer, Customer Service Manager, Cable One, Inc, and Joanna Casas, Manager, Enterprise Order Fulfillment, Charter Communications
- Heartland – Anne Harris, Sr. Director, Marketing & Client Solutions, Cox Media
- Latin America – Claudia Varela, Directora General, PlayStation LATAM North, and Elsa Vizcarra, Ex vicepresidenta de Planeacion Comercial de Televisa
- Midwest – Sally West, Sr. Director, Reporting & Analytics, Charter Communications
- New England – Sara Dionne, VP, HR Strategy & Operations, Comcast
- New York – Stefanie Nimick
- Pacific Northwest – Megan Bishop, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Rocky Mountain – Keely Buchanan, Director, Employee Experience, Charter Communications
- Southeast – Sheri McGaughy, Founder, McGaughy Law
- Southwest – Shawn Duncan, Vice President, SWR Field Ops, Cox Communications and Penny Grandon, Director, Network Facilities Operations CA Region, Cox Communications
- Virginia – Toni Stubbs, VP, Technology, Engineering & Operations, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore – Stacy Hannah, President & CEO, MMSIA
About The WICT Network
The WICT Network is a global organization whose mission is to create women leaders that transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For more than 40 years, The WICT Network has partnered with media, entertainment and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,000 members and 24 chapters strong, The WICT Network is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in media. Charter Communications, Comcast NBCUniversal and Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution are The WICT Network’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICTHQ on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter for more information.