2024 Application Process and Deadlines
Each applicant must be recommended and approved by their corporate Human Resources Department or appropriate manager. This approval includes confirmation of corporate financial support for participation in the program. If the applicant does not have their Human Resources or appropriate manager approval, they will not be considered for the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI) program.
- HR Approval forms should be emailed to Jason Brown at email@example.com by Thursday, January 25, 2024.
- Applications are due by Friday, February 9, 2024. Please thoroughly review the information below before beginning your application. When ready, use the magenta button on this page to access the online application portal.
- Download the 2024/2025 BMLI Application in Microsoft Word
- Please note, your BMLI application must be submitted via our online portal. We are providing this downloadable Word version so you may prepare and refine your application responses and use the character count tool in Word to ensure your answers are within the defined parameters for all application questions that list a character limit.
- Download the Corporate Approval form
- This form must be completed by a member of your company’s Human Resources staff, or an appropriate manager, and submitted to Jason Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, January 25, 2024. Please print clearly and include all requested information.
- Download the 2024/2025 BMLI Application in Microsoft Word
- HR Leaders:
Important Application Submission Information
- Prior to completing the online application, we recommend you download a version of the 2024/2025 BMLI Application in Microsoft Word. Completing your application in a Word document beforehand will allow you time to think through your answers and to use the character count tool to ensure your answers comply with our online application’s character limit parameters. Once you are satisfied with your answers, copy and paste them from your Word document into our online application portal.
- There is a character limit listed for most application questions. Please note it is character limit, not word limit, so spaces and punctuation are included in the character count. You will not be able to submit your application if any of your responses are over the character limit.
- Do not use bullets, italics or other formatting when pasting into the online application.
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Be thoughtful and thorough in your application – it greatly betters your chances of being selected for this highly competitive program.
- The WICT Network strongly suggests having someone else review your application before final submittal.
- All applications must be submitted via our online application portal.
- You may save your application at any time by clicking the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen. To re-access and complete your application, navigate to The WICT Network website and click the “Member Tools” dropdown on the top right, then select “My Applications.”
- Have the Corporate Approval form, with your Human Resources representative’s signature, completed separately. This application is being accepted based on your current employment. Please notify The WICT Network immediately if there is a change to your employment status.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $175 online with a credit card when the application is submitted.
- No additional supplemental documents will be accepted.
About the Program
Produced in partnership with the Center for Creative Leadership and recognized as the premier leadership development program for senior-level women across media, entertainment and technology, BMLI provides selected leaders with a year-long, immersive experience focused on developing critical leadership competencies and a B2B network. The curriculum blends experiential and data-driven approaches to mastering the skills necessary for success at the executive level. BMLI participants are immersed in hands-on learning activities, structured introspection, classroom lectures, research, and peer mentoring.
Dates and Locations
Participants will attend a week-long kick-off as well as four 2-day sessions throughout the nine-month program. The initial session will be one week held at the Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Class 50 – August 26 – 30, 2024, in Greensboro, NC at the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)
- Class 51 – September 9 – 13, 2024, in Greensboro, NC at the CCL
Session 2: November 13 – 14 in Philadelphia, PA (for Classes 50 & 51)
Session 3: January 2025, two days, location TBD
Session 4: March 2025, two days, location TBD
Session 5: May 2025, two days, location TBD
*Content and dates subject to change
For additional information, please visit the BMLI homepage.
Please note: The WICT Network will send out a survey to all candidates asking about critical schedule conflicts for Session 1.
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $175 is due with submission of the BMLI application.
- $20,500 for members
- $20,830 for non-members (rate includes a membership with The WICT Network for eligible participants)
Tuition covers program costs including all course materials and daytime meals. Travel, hotel and dinners are the responsibility of participants/their companies.
Once an applicant has been selected for and accepted a seat in the BMLI program, the company is committed to the registration fee of $20,500/$20,830 respectively. There is no refund of the registration fee should a participant need to cancel after accepting a seat in the program. Full payment of the $20,500/$20,830 program fee for accepted participants must be received no later than Tuesday, July 9, 2024. Participants with outstanding payments may be excluded from the orientation week at The WICT Network’s discretion.
Please contact Jason Brown at 202-827-4781 or email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the online application process or the BMLI application.