Mark Your Calendar Now to Join Us in 2023
The annual Touchstones Luncheon, held during the industry’s diversity week as part of The WICT Network’s Leadership Conference, shines a spotlight on the business imperative of diversity, equity and inclusion, and recognizes women who are paving the way for tomorrow’s generation of leaders.
The Touchstones Luncheon is an excellent opportunity to connect with other leaders throughout the industry and at the same time support the value women bring to The WICT Network and the industry at large. Contact Cindy Key to learn more about becoming a sponsor or purchasing a table for the 2023 luncheon.
2022 Touchstones Luncheon Program Recap
Our 2022 Touchstones Luncheon took place Monday, October 10, 2022, at the New York Marriott Marquis on the first day of our Leadership Conference. The ballroom was buzzing with excitement as Maria E. Brennan, President & CEO of The WICT Network, took the stage to welcome attendees. “While we may all come from different backgrounds and some of us may even be competitors, one common thread connects us — our commitment to equality,” she told the audience.
She then introduced U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel, the first woman ever confirmed to the role, who spoke to attendees about being bold enough to break barriers and the importance of giving others a leg up where possible.
“Working in technology, I have lost count of the times I have been the only woman in the room,” the Chairwoman said. “When you do break glass ceilings or get a seat at the table… find a way to be a sponsor, be a mentor, and be someone who brings someone else along. In other words, pull up a chair for others.”
The 2022 Woman of the Year and Woman to Watch awards, our highest individual accolades, were then presented. This year The WICT Network was privileged to honor:
- Colleen Langner, Executive Vice President & Chief Operations Officer at Cox Communications, with its “Woman of the Year – Operator” award
- Wonya Lucas, President & CEO of Hallmark Media, with its “Woman of the Year – Programmer” award
- Shannon Atkinson, Regional Vice President, Field Operations – West Division, Charter Communications, with its “Woman to Watch – Operator” award
- Lisa Williams-Fauntroy, Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Warner Bros. Discovery, with its “Woman to Watch – Programmer” award
- Urvi Shah, Vice President, Global Key Account Marketing, CommScope, with its “Woman to Watch – Technology” award
Below you may scroll through some images from our 2022 event.